The first year of existence for RACIN! was truly a rewarding one. With a number of volunteers, donors and of course – our excited and motivated riders – 2014 made for a successful start to RACIN!
Now that we’re mid-winter, plans are well underway to build upon the success of our inaugural year. More and more people are hearing about our group, with many now joining the team or donating. We’re hitting our stride, but there’s still much to do to ensure inclusion for all.
Here’s a quick recap of our accomplishments in 2014, as well as goals for 2015.
- Participated in 5 races – many thanks to the race directors and fellow racers for allowing our team to run alongside you
- 8 riders experienced the excitement of racing in Western New York
- 20 volunteers gave their time
- $2,300 in donations were collected, putting us well on our way to another chair
- Plan to participate in 10 races
- Solicit for additional riders, including a feeder program
- Build more awareness of RACIN!
- Two fundraisers planned
- Purchase two more chairs
- Collaboration with local high schools, including assistance with fundraising
- Grant application to be submitted
- Expand our inclusion efforts beyond wheelchair riders
As you can see, we’ve done a great deal to get RACIN! on the map, but there’s still a lot to do in 2015. But we can’t do it without you. Whether you donate your time or money – help from the community is always appreciated.